Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Oh Dear Virus How I Love YOU!!!!

So march, one of the most, if not the most, busiest months of the winter semester and just my luck I catch a virus. I can feel it in my heart this computer virus, it really knows where to hit it so it hurts!!! I mean the pesty viruses that cause multiple pop-ups to infest your screen is bearable to some extent. However, this was the King Pin. Eating up all my files, converting all my essays and assignments to rubbish, oh my gosh it just hurts to write about it. Talk about a serious set back!!! Yes, I do have something to talk about for my last blog :) but I'm sure I could have managed and come up with something else to write about if all my files and documents could have been speared in exchange. Though this hit home it made me think...our dependence on the computer and do we reply and put to much trust into this one machine?

For me my life is my computer! It is what I use to socialize, it is what I use to shop, it is what I use to find out whats going on locally and internationally, for me it is what I use to decide where I'm eating, for my it is what I use to do my assignments and complete my research, for me it is what I use for entertainment, watching TV or movies, for me it is what I use to organize and store my lifetime of photos, for me it is what I use to do everything!!! And just like that in a matter of seconds everything is GONE. I feel like my life is gone :( I have lost everything and there is no getting it back. It's almost as though my past, present and future has been erased.

I then ask myself, I know that this "thing" that I am entrusting my all in is only a machine and at anytime something could go wrong, as it did, so why am I so dependent on it? And more easily then not this can be answered. It has become the norm, it is what everyone is doing. If you simply aren't using it you are different, or behind. I feel almost as though I'd be missing out, I'd be losing out. Such an easy way to stay connected, to learn so many new things, a way to kill hours and hours (not necessarily a good thing when you need to write an essay) it really is the world at your finger tips. Giving all of that up would be impossible as heart breaking as this situation was, but now I know to back up all my files and do do random checks, because it could happen to you!

You know always read about viruses and people who have gotten a virus on their computer, talk to firends who have had this happen to them, but I honestly and true where one of those people who thought this could never happen to me LOL but low and behold it has happened. Its almost like the chicken pox you never know what it's really like until you get them and expereince it yourself. And hopefully it's only a one time occurance just like the chicken pox becuase I so don't think I could deal with this again :( Die virus die!!!

For ways on how to prevent getting a virus click here. And for ways on how to get rid of a virus once it has already sneaked on to your computer, click here

And lastly a blog which provided me with much useful information, if only I had read it a little while ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment