Sunday, March 7, 2010

Toyota and Youtube

So, I was sure it is time for me to post once again, but I wasn't sure about what exactly to blog about. And as I kept thinking and thinking the new Toyota Sienna commercials popped into my head. And the one part that I remembered ever so clearly was at the end of the commercial they mention to check out YOUTUBE to follow the new Toyota family. I have one word that would probably sum up how I feel about this; BRILLIANT!!!

I just got to say, before I focus my attention on Toyota, that youtube has taken over! It has made so much progress it is unbelievable. It's current use compared to what youtube was actually created for and how it was used just a few years ago has grown uncontrollably. From being a fun, casual, informal site to a credible, professional and multipurpose tool it is just unfathomable. I remember using youtube to get a quick laugh or to watch music videos but now a multimillion dollar corporation, and many others like Toyota, are using the site for advertising purposes and I would have never seen this coming but think its genius.

Now, I am sure that many of you, who do still watch that box they call a television, have seen at least one of the new Toyota Sienna commercials with the new Toyota family. But do not fear if you do not watch t.v anymore you can still catch the same commercials if not even more on youtube.

Here are a few commercials that I found on youtube, take a look.
Daddy Like Space

Daddy Like Bonding Time

Mommy Like Rest

Mommy Like Versatility

Advertising has progressively become a very important part of a successful business. More and more companies have realized what good, strong advertising can do for a company and the amount of money devoted to advertising and marketing is on the incline. But what I feel is that Toyota understands the importance of advertising and market but they also know it is costly so they have found a unique and exuberant idea; commercials on youtube. Instead of airing all of their commercials on television where it becomes very expensive, they air just a couple and at the end of the commercial notify the viewers of an alternative place they can look for more commercials and information, it is just so smart, cost saving and reaches a wider audience.

A few benefits that I see from this for Toyota is that they for one are saving a lot of money, and it can either be used towards marketing in some other way or distributed to other departments, inspections maybe? Lol just kidding! This is also a good way for the community to get involved, they can post comments, add their own commercials or even remix Toyota's current commercials. Also, they can have longer commercials but not be burdened with the expensive of more air time. Another positive would be this is a unique and new channel of distribution and it is always beneficial to be the one to start a new trend, it is good for the company name.

Now I am sure many companies have been using youtube as a marketing or information tool, but I have never seen a commercial on television that actually outlines to the viewer to go to youtube where they can follow this new Toyota Sienna family. It just seems so interactive, I think its great!

No comments:

Post a Comment